Sara’s practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, and personal injury torts. She has represented and counseled clients in a wide range of pending or threatened disputes in state and federal courts, and in mediations and arbitrations. Sara has extensive experience with complex commercial disputes, real estate litigation, business torts, and shareholder/partner/member disputes. Sara also has substantial experience with employment issues, construction-related disputes, civil rights matters, and appellate advocacy.
Sara has represented chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees as general and special counsel, as well as creditors and other interested parties in various bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to joining Thorpe Shwer, Sara was a Partner at Witthoft Derksen and at Zwillinger Greek Knecht & Gibson, PC. Before entering private practice, Sara served as a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Sult (Ret.) of the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division I.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Arizona Supreme Court
- The University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D.
- Arizona Journal of International & Comparative Law, Senior Managing Editor
- The University of Arizona, College of Agriculture, School of Family & Consumer Science, M.S., Summa cum Laude
- Pepperdine University, B.A. in Psychology, Magna cum Laude
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Special Events Committee, Chair 2019 to 2021
- Vice President, 2021 to 2022
- President, 2022 to 2023
- Arizona State Bar, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section Board Member 2018 to 2019
- Arizona Women Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Braillard v. Maricopa County, et al., 224 Ariz. 481, 232 P.3d 1263 (Ct. App. 2010)
- ABCDW LLC v. Banning, 241 Ariz. 427, 388 P.3d 821 (Ct. App. 2016)
- Boys Team Charity, Coach, 2021 to Present
- Vice President Communications, 2022 to 2023
- Central United Methodist Church, Board of Trustees, 2013 to 2015
- Team in Training, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 2013 to 2016
- Raise the Bar Against Cancer, Team Captain, 2015