Matthew practices in the areas of product liability, commercial litigation, premises liability, personal injury torts and franchise matters. He has experience litigating disputes for a diverse group of clients of all sizes in a wide variety of industries, and has represented multiple Fortune 500 companies throughout his career, as well as smaller locally-based companies and individuals. While in law school, Matthew clerked for the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and externed at the California Department of Corporations in the Securities Enforcement Division.
• U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
• Arizona Supreme Court
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• California Supreme Court
• Nevada Supreme Court
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
• California State University, Fresno, B.S.
• Los Abogados
• Currently participates in the representation of a national franchisor of massage and spa clinics with franchises in all 50 states, including serving as the franchisor’s national defense counsel for various kinds of tort claims.
• Currently participates in the representation of trucking companies including defense of personal injury claims.
• Currently defends product manufactures from multi-million dollar claims of personal injury and property damage.
• Handles professional liability matters, including agent and director & officer liability.
• Prevailed summary judgment in an abuse of process case on behalf of national office supply company involving employment law and trade secret disputes.
• Successfully defended a franchisor against a franchisee’s fraud lawsuit, and obtained a several hundred thousand dollar judgment for the franchisor in a counterclaim asserted against the franchisee.
• Prevailed on summary judgment and obtained a complete indemnity award for a high-end sushi restaurant in Los Angeles in a high-exposure injury case.