Katie Chaban has been a civil litigation paralegal for over 10 years, including extensive experience with discovery and pre-trial case management as well as trial practice in various state and federal courts. Katie has practice area experience in a variety of areas, including product liability, insurance defense, commercial and contract litigation, personal injury, securities, bankruptcy, and multi-district litigation. Katie also has significant experience with electronic discovery issues and with managing cases from beginning to end, whether trial or settlement.
Prior to joining Thorpe Shwer, Katie was a paralegal with Jones Skelton & Hochuli, Roshka DeWulf & Patten, and Lewis and Roca.
- NALA Advanced Paralegal Certification Program Discovery, 2013
- NALA Two-Day Certification Exam, 2012
- B.A., Family & Human Arts, Arizona State University, 2011
- A.A.S., Paralegal Studies, Phoenix College, 2004
- Arizona Paralegal Association Member 2008-Current
- National Association of Legal Assistants Member 2008-Current
- Women in e-Discovery Member 2014-Current
- The Organization of Legal Professionals Member 2008-2015