Amanda practices in the areas of product liability, commercial litigation, premises liability, personal injury torts and criminal defense. She has experience litigating disputes for a diverse group of national and local manufacturing and business clients of all sizes in a wide variety of industries. Amanda has represented clients before various trial and appellate courts as well as in arbitration.
Prior to joining Thorpe Shwer, Amanda was an associate for over eight years at Snell & Wilmer L.L.P., the largest law firm in the Arizona.
Amanda is also active in both the legal and non-legal Phoenix communities, including serving as a current board member of the Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest, and as a past board member of the Maricopa County Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Arizona Supreme Court
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Moot Court Council Member
- Recipient, Rice Foundation Scholarship
- The George Washington University, M.A., Women’s Studies/Public Policy
- Missouri State University, B.S., Sociology, summa cum laude
- Recipient, Presidential Scholarship
- Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest, Board Members
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Board Member
- Young Lawyers’ Division, Board Member
- Mock Interview Committee, Chair
- Race Judicata, Co-Chair
- Defense Research Institute
Articles and Presentations
- “Drug and Device Manufacturers Beware: Comments Could Result in FDA Troubles,” Author, Snell & Wilmer Product Liability Update (February 2014)
- “Defending Your Product Like a Pro: Understanding a Lawsuit from the Starting Gun to the Finish Line,” Author, SFIA (April 16, 2012)
- Currently participates in the representation of a national franchisor of massage and spa clinics with franchises in all 50 states, including serving as the franchisor’s national defense counsel for various kinds of tort claims.
- Currently participates in the representation of national trucking companies including defense of personal injury claims.
- Currently participates in the representation of Class I freight railroads in tort litigation including defense of Federal Employers Liability Act claims and the enforcement of indemnification obligations.
- Successfully defended trucking company at trial for personal injury claims arising from a highway accident.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of large hotel and resort for premises liability claim related to spider bite.
- Successfully defended auto manufacturer at trial for product liability related claims.
- Successfully obtained dismissal for auto auction company for premises liability claim related to a car fire on site.
- Represented large auto manufacturer for product liability claims related to various components of multiple types of vehicles.
- Represented various manufacturers for claims related to asbestos exposure.
- Represented several large drug and medical device manufacturers for product liability related claims.