Adam Reich practices in the areas of commercial litigation, business torts, personal injury torts, and products liability. Adam has represented clients in numerous jurisdictions around the country in both federal and state court.
While in law school, Adam worked as a student attorney for the Civil Justice Clinic and as an intern at the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. He also participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition where he and his team tied for fifth place in the world and won multiple awards for their written briefs.
Prior to attending law school, Adam served as a military police officer in the Army National Guard. He was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds he received while deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005.
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D.
- Associate Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Quarterfinalist, International Round, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Arizona State University, B.A. in Political Science
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
Honors and Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars®
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Sentencing in Arizona,” Recommendations to Reduce Costs and Crime
- Represented a successful, high-end nightclub in the Scottsdale Entertainment District in litigation matters, including representation during litigation and trial of a forcible entry and detainer action brought by the nightclub’s landlord.
- Represents one of the nation’s largest Class I freight railroads in tort litigation, including defense of Federal Employers Liability Act claims, grade crossing accidents, and other personal injury claims.
- Represents one of the nation’s largest manufacturers of electrical equipment in product liability claims.
- Represents one of Arizona’s premier moving companies in litigation, employment matters, regulatory compliance, and collections.
- Represents the largest manufacturer and marketer of glass tableware products in the Western Hemisphere in product liability claims.
- Represented a local fine dining restaurant group and was part of the team who negotiated a favorable settlement for client in actions involving claims of breach of a multi-million dollar promissory note against the financiers who purchased the restaurant group, and defending against trademark and trade dress infringement claims asserted by the purchaser against the restaurant group.
- Represented a local land development company in a case arising out of the condemnation of portions of the client’s property by the Maricopa County Flood Control District.
- Represented a detained individual in asylum proceedings before the United States Immigration Court.
- Obtained complete summary judgment in favor of a water utility in a dispute over ownership of a well servicing two subdivisions outside of Payson, Arizona.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for BNSF Railway Company in a case arising out of a fatal grade crossing accident brought by the injured driver and the representatives of the deceased passenger. After extensive briefing related to, among other things, federal preemption of plaintiffs’ claims, the court granted summary judgment to BNSF, resulting in dismissal of all claims against BNSF.